JOIN EXAM ETHICS MARSHAL GLOBAL MOVEMENT
TO DEFEND INTEGRITY OF EDUCATION.
OUR SURVIVAL DEPENDS ON IT.
The Exam Ethics Marshals Movement is God’s special mission for inspiring and mobilizing ethics-friendly educators and stakeholders to defend the integrity of education across the world. Marshals are now in high demand because of the rigorous admission and training processes and their high level of commitment to ethical self-regulation and discipline in duty their posts.
Marshals are now preferred choices for appointment into leadership and management positions. They are leading by example as transformational heads of educational institutions, faculties, departments, committees and projects based on “it starts with me” ideology. They are serving and fighting as islands of excellence to uphold integrity of examination, election, recruitment, evaluation, assessment systems in oceans of malpractices and corruption.
Marshals are increasingly held in high esteem as resource persons of choice in ethics, integrity and best practices summits, conferences and projects. Enlist and join to defend integrity of education from the leadership and operational perspective of your own class, office and institution.
It pays to enlist. The spiritual, psychological and material rewards joining the Movement can be enormous. It is the source code of our individual and collective survival. The brief history, membership, vision, specific mission and what Marshals stand for and against are profiled to provide you with more insight and further encourage to enlist and join God’s special mission.
Exam Ethics Marshals International (EEMI) was founded in 1996 in Nigeria by Ike Onyechere, MFR, as a global not-for-profit, non-governmental, membership organization of education stakeholders dedicated to promoting ethics, integrity and best practices in education.
The organization was founded in response to rise of systemic and organized exam malpractice and academic dishonesty through which unqualified and incompetent people are licensed with undeserved certificates to destroy lives, careers and dreams through failed services, products, projects, buildings, institutions and governments.
Hundreds of thousands of Marshals are operational in primary, secondary and tertiary educational institutions in African countries and parts of the world. The membership profile of the Movement spans the entire gamut, categories and levels of education with commitment to promotion of best practices and defence of integrity of education as connecting thread. Among members are CEOs, Principal Officers, Deans, Departmental Heads, Lecturers and other categories of Staff of public and private Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education and other tertiary Institutions; Principals, Head Teachers and Teachers of public and private primary and secondary schools; School Proprietors and Administrators; officials of education ministries and agencies; officials of PTAs; Leaders of religious and civil society organizations; Political Leaders; Executives and Professionals in private practice and public and private sector organizations including Journalists and Lawyers. Membership is open to interested education stakeholders who satisfy the eligibility conditions.
The Movement is facilitating education systems capable of raising high performance leaders and workforce with character, integrity and competence to deliver transformation.
EEMI is inspiring and mobilizing ethics-friendly educators around the world: to bond and work together to defend the code of ethics, truth, honesty, integrity and best practices that govern admission, training, examination, certification, registration, regulation and administrative processes in education; to combat exam malpractice and academic dishonesty.
EXAM ETHICS MARSHALS.
Exam Ethics Marshals are ethics-friendly educators who pledge and commit to code of ethical self- regulation and discipline in their duty posts; to unwavering insistence on best practices in their spheres of operational and leadership influence; and to being models and mentors to pupils, students and colleagues.
There are four levels of Marshals. Designates are volunteers who are still undergoing training and are yet to be certified and inaugurated. Marshals are those who have been trained, certified and inaugurated. Master Marshals are those who have attended Exam Ethics training, exchange programmes or events outside their own country. Master Marshal status may also be awarded to Educators in recognition of outstanding performance. The Chief Master Marshals Award is the highest honor of Exam Ethics Marshal Movement bestowed on individuals in recognition of outstanding and distinguished contributions to promotion of best practices in education.
Marshals are trained through a combination of online programs and in-class induction and inauguration programs covering a wide range of body of knowledge including exam ethics, exam administration, mentorship, education reforms, conflict management, safe school, campus safety, leadership and management. A continuous education program is sustained through social media including Exam Ethics Blog and WhatsApp platforms to keep Marshals up to date with developments in education around the world. Exam ethics campaign resource books are regularly updated with new editions to provide insights on contemporary situations. Resource books include, but not restricted to, Exam Ethics Manual, Safe School Manual, Campus Sense, Exam Ethics Excel Guidebook for Students and Letter form Necropolis and Charter of Education Reforms .
WHAT MARSHALS STAND FOR.
- Ethics, integrity and best practices in admission, training, examination, certification, registration, regulation and administrative processes in education.
- Ethics, integrity and best practices in all evaluation and assessment processes in education and other areas of human endeavor.
- Ethical self- regulation and discipline in duty posts.
- Unwavering insistence on best practices in spheres of operational and leadership influence.
- Being models of integrity to pupils, students and colleagues with exemplary character and actions.
- Mentorship of students with early-warning guidance against exam malpractice and campus cultism.
- Blowing the whistle towards identification, detection, prevention of examination malpractice and academic dishonesty.
- Active participation in efforts to end campus cultism and save lives of students.
- Active participation and contributions to campaigns against corruption.
- Active participation in advocating, formulating and implementing safe school policies, strategies and protocols.
- Win-win conflict resolution in educational institutions to avoid escalation, strike actions disruptions and shutdowns of institutions.
- Participation in efforts to mobilize, inspire and organize education stakeholders to leverage their population, brain power, organizational ability and network to move away from being passive political watchers to being pro-active political playmakers and game changers by bonding, speaking and working together to elect education and ethics-friendly courageous political leaders.
- Compliance with all extant rules, regulations and laws of the institution, society and country.
WHAT MARSHALS STAND AGAINST.
- Admission racketeering.
- Extortion of money from students.
- Handout racket.
- Cash and carry exam administration.
- Leakage of exam question papers.
- Collusion and mass cheating.
- Non-disclosure of names of rogue exam administrators.
- Impersonation by examination mercenaries.
- Sell of marks, grades, honorary degrees.
- Sex-for-grade malpractice
- Monetization of continuous assessment processes.
- Alternative-to-practical examinations.
- Dry laboratory practical examinations
- Project work malpractice.
- IGR as primary objective of sandwich and part time courses.
- Cash and carry accreditation processes.
- Forgery and falsification of certificates.
- Licensing and approval malpractices
- Approval and accreditation of magic centres
- Involvement of communities in organizing exam malpractice
- Missing script scams.
- Clearance fees rackets.
- Result reconciliation scams.
- Falsification of research.
- Campus cultism.
- Politicization of education policies and programmes.
- Inconsistency in policy formulation and implementation.
- High turnover of political heads in education.
Applicants are first admitted as Exam Ethics Marshal Designates which qualify them to commence on-line training. Successful completion of the training qualifies designate for certification, induction and inauguration as a Marshal if they volunteer. The minimum requirements for enlistment as Designate to commence training include:
- Minimum educational qualification (National Certificate in Education, Higher National Diploma, First Degree or equivalent professional qualification).
- Clear and verifiable identification, place of work and institutional affiliation.
- Verifiable attestation by CEO or senior official not below Departmental Head of affiliated institution or by a certified Exam Ethics Marshal.
The Exam Ethics Marshals Movement is an outstanding success story in terms of impact. The rigorous admission and training processes as well as the required high level of commitment to ethical self-regulation and discipline have resulted in very high demand for Marshals in many countries for:
- Leadership and management positions in institutions (many institutions now have accredited Marshals as Vice Chancellors, Rectors, Provosts, Principals, Deans, HODs, etc.)
- Education reform initiatives.
- Monitoring of internal examinations in institutions and public examinations organized by public exam bodies.
- Invigilation and supervision of examinations.
- Election monitoring duties.
- Conduct of staff recruitment interviews
- Assessment of competitive tenders
- Conflict resolution assignments
- Resource persons for best practices summits and conferences
- Facilitation of Special Projects on Ethics and Integrity initiatives.
It pays to be a certified and accredited Marshal.
Complete and submit the application form for enlistment as Exam Ethics Marshals Designate. The information provided is analyzed to decide on the eligibility or otherwise for the applicant to be admitted to commence training as a designate.
APPLICATION FORM FOR ENLISTMENT AS
EXAM ETHICS MARSHAL DESIGNATE
Physical address: 1121 obafemi Awolowo Way, Utako, Abuja, Nigeria
Telephone(s): +234 803 342 5958. +234 816 375 1194,