START EXAM ETHICS STUDENTS CLUB IN YOUR INSTITUTION. AND WIN AMBASSADORS AWARD, LISTING IN PIONEERS’ HALL OF FAME.
Exam Ethics Students Clubs in educational institutions constitute the most fundamental institutional structure of the Exam Ethics Marshals Movement because it is the vehicle and platform for sowing seeds of ethics and integrity in the fertile minds of pupils and students; for raising transformational leaders of tomorrow with character to shun malpractices and corruption; for defending integrity of education. In addition to these primary goals, Exam Ethics Students Clubs offer practical leadership training to students and pupils.
Through the clubs, various programs like debates, dramas, seminars, lectures, workshops, musicals and other special events are implemented to drive home the lessons of exam ethics and the dangers of exam malpractice. Join the revolution today. Take the bull by the horn to defend integrity of education. Champion the establishment of exam ethics club in your institution if it is not already in existence. Pioneers of successful establishment of chapter of Exam Ethics Students Club in institutions qualify for Exam Ethics Ambassador Award, presentation of Certificate of Honor as Exam Ethics Ambassador, listing in Exam Ethics Pioneers Hall of Fame (online). Certain categories of pioneers also receive cash prizes donated by Exam Ethics Development Fund.
Founded in 1996 in Nigeria by Ike Onyechere, MFR, Exam Ethics Marshals International is a global not-for-profit, non-governmental, membership organization of education stakeholders dedicated to promoting exam ethics, defending integrity of education and combating exam malpractice, academic dishonesty and campus cultism. The institutional structure of the Movement stands on three legs: Exam Ethics Marshals, Exam Ethics Students and Exam Ethics Friend and Partner Institutions. Of the three, Exam Ethics Students is the most fundamental because their sustained exposure to benefits of exam ethics and dangers of exam malpractice from early childhood to higher education sow seeds of integrity in their fertile minds which germinate to raise champions of integrity and social transformation built on strong foundation of zero tolerance for corruption.
EXAM ETHICS STUDENTS.
Exam Ethics Students are students who commit to philosophy and principles of Exam Ethics Marshals Movement; to working hard to pass their exams based on exam ethics compliant principles; and to rejection of all forms of exam malpractice.
EXAM ETHICS STUDENTS CLUB.
Exam Ethics Students Clubs are established in Primary, Secondary and tertiary institutions as vehicles for sustained propagation of exam ethics campaign and as platform for inculcating exam ethics ideologies in pupils and students at an early age. The fundamental principles and philosophies of Exam Ethics Club are driven by the statements of Rahma Krambo and Ralph Waldo Emerson. According to Krambo “Ideas are seeds. They germinate and grow into trees, which re-seed and produce whole trees and forests” while Emerson said “the mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”
ESTABLISHMENT AND SUPERVISION.
The establishment of Exam Ethics Students Clubs in primary, secondary and tertiary institutions constitutes one of the cardinal programmes of the school chapter of Exam Ethics Marshals. Usually only Heads of Institutions, Certified Exam Ethics Marshals or Marshals-Designates are granted approval establish and supervise Exam Ethics Clubs in schools. This is because effective exam ethics mentoring of pupils and students flows from knowledge and understanding of the vision, mission, ideologies, principles and programs of exam ethics campaign.
PATRONS AND EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBERS.
In addition to other goals, Exam Ethics Clubs offer practical leadership training to students and pupils. In addition to the Marshal(s)or Marshals-Designate assigned the responsibility of supervising Exam Ethics Clubs, the Head of Institution and other persons of proven integrity are also appointed as Patrons. The Executive Committee members of the Club, including President, Vice President, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, Financial Secretary, Publicity Secretary and Social Secretary, are elected from among the students who are members of the Club.
The resource books for Exam Ethics Students programmes include, but not restricted to: Exam Ethics Excel Guidebook for Students(how to Excel in Exams based on ethics compliant success principles), Campus Sense (early warning Anti-Cult Security and Counseling Guidebook for Students), Letter from Necropolis
(story of former student cultist warning other students to learn from his horrible experience and never experiment with campus cultism) and Safe School Manual (comprehensive body of knowledge on safe school tips). The books are recommended reading for all Exam Ethics Student and excellent sendoff gifts.
In addition to membership certificates, Exam Ethics Students are provided with identification materials that may include, but not restricted to: t-shirts, face caps, pin-up buttons. The National Secretariats provide approved samples to ensure uniformity.
Exam Ethics Clubs organize programmes that include, but not restricted to, debates, dramas, seminars, lectures, workshops, musicals, sendoffs with the central themes of promoting exam ethics, defending integrity of education and combating exam malpractice.
Marshals are required to train and mentor students to understand
That Examination Ethics is the respect for the rules, regulations, conduct, ethics and moral principles governing all forms examination, assessment and evaluation systems in all sectors of human endeavor; to understand the Exam Ethics Law of Success which states “Exam Ethics promotes success by promoting ethical values, competence, and competitive advantage”; and to understand the benefits of exam ethics including:
- Leads to development of culture of hard work to excel in examinations and other endeavors on your own merit.
- Results of exams serve as compass for discovering your special talents and skills.
- Ensure good performance and succeed in chosen profession, vocation and business.
- Equipment with the knowledge to defend certificates, pass job interviews and deliver award-winning performance in job situations.
- Prevents cancellation of results by exam boards for involvement in exam malpractice with negative consequences for educational and career progress.
- Compliance with zero tolerance policies and laws against exam malpractice to avoid disgrace of suspension, expulsion, disqualification, sack or imprisonment.
- Being proud ambassador of family, school and country to earn the respect and love of family, teachers and friends.
- Development of self-confidence to depend on personal abilities to actualize plans and achieve sustainable success.
- Building foundation for development as credible future leader with reputation for requisite character and integrity to champion anti-corruption and social transformation initiatives.
- Achievement of destiny by allowing God’s divine plan to manifest.
Marshals are required top train and mentor students to understand
that examination malpractice is any act of omission or commission which compromises the validity, reliability and integrity of any examination, assessment or evaluation system; to understand the Examination Malpractice Law of Failure which states that “Examination Malpractice promotes failure by promoting corruption, incompetence and competitive disadvantage”; and to understand
the dangers of exam malpractice including:
- Inability to develop culture of hard work to excel in examinations and other endeavors on your own merit.
- Prevents using of results of exams as compass to discover your talents and skills.
- Poor performance and failure in your chosen profession, vocation and business.
- Inability to defend certificates, pass job interviews and perform well in job situations.
- Exposure to risking future educational and career advancement by having results cancelled by exam boards for involvement in exam malpractice.
- Exposure to risk of disgrace of suspension, expulsion, disqualification, sack or imprisonment for non-compliance with exam malpractice laws and regulations
- Being bad ambassador of family, school and country with consequential loss of respect and love of family, teachers and friends.
- Lack of self-confidence in personal abilities to successfully actualize plans
- Sowing seeds of criminal behavior that germinates and develops into future involvement in fraudulent and corrupt practices.
- Thwarts achievement of destiny by preventing God’s divine plan to manifest.
JOIN THE RECOLUTION TODAY.
Imagine for a moment, the revolution in ethics, quality and standards that will be unleashed in your institution and your country in terms of raising leaders of tomorrow with character to shun corruption and competence to deliver transformation if every student commits to ideology of exam ethics. Imagine the impact in terms of laying the strong human resource foundation for sustainable development of the country. Surely, you will be proud to have contributed to such revolutionary impact as an educator. Take the bull by the horn today. Champion the establishment of exam ethics club in your institution if it is not already in existence. The Nigerian National Council on Education endorsed the establishment of Exam Ethics Students Clubs in educational institutions on 3rd December, 2003.
ELIGIBILITY, PROCESS AND AWARD.
- All public and private basic, secondary and tertiary educational institutions are encouraged to establish chapters of Exam Ethics Students Clubs.
- Heads of educational institutions are eligible to apply to establish a chapter if it is not already in existence in the institution.
- Certified Exam Ethics Marshals and Marshals-Designate are eligible to establish and supervise Exam Ethics Students Clubs with the authorization of Head of Institution.
- To start the process of establishing a club, complete and return the online expression of interest form for establishment of Exam Ethics Students Clubs by clicking on examethicsmarshals.org/startstudentsclub.
- To start the process of enlisting as Marshal-Designate, visit examethicsmarshals.org/enlist to complete and return the enlistment form.
Pioneers of successful establishment of Exam Ethics Chapters in institutions qualify for
- Exam Ethics Ambassador Award
- Presentation of Certificate of Honor as Exam Ethics Ambassador.
- Listing in Exam Ethics Pioneers Hall of Fame (online)
- Cash prize from Exam Ethics Development Fund for certain categories of pioneers.
Complete and submit the application form for Establishment of Exam Ethics Students Club. The information provided is analyzed and approval is given or declined.
APPLICATION FORM FOR ESTABLISHMENT OF
EXAM ETHICS STUDENTS CLUB.
Exam Ethics Marshals International.
1121 Obafemi Awolowo Way, Utako, Abuja, Nigeria
Telephone(s): +234 803 342 5958. +234 816 375 1194